Who we are
ALIGN is a guidance tool on living wages and living income. Decent wages and income are an essential part of a sustainable and fair world economy. They are recognised in international agreements and commitments, such as the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. In this context, the concept of living wages and income (LW/LI), designed to ensure a decent standard of living, is becoming increasingly important and is gaining momentum.
Fairfood, Hivos, Rainforest Alliance and GIZ have joined forces to develop a tool that helps agri-food companies prioritise and reduce complexity around the issue of LW/LI, and directs them into action.
ALIGN is not responsible for the use or contents of websites to which we link or any providers that are in any way linked to our website.
The data we collect
We collect data in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website. Depending on your use of ALIGN, that data may include:
- Usage data: when you visit the ALIGN website, we will receive data on the parts of our site you visit, the website from which you visited us, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information on your device (type, operating system, language, country, and web browser type amongst others), and more. We process this usage data in Google Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our website, and to recognise and stop any misuse.
- Google Analytics: we collect information through Google Analytics. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics using the Ads Settings and by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Contacting us: when you contact us, that may be by email or by filing out a form on our website, us when you subscribe to our updates, we may collect your name, email address, message and any other data you may leave in your inquiry. This data will solely be used in connection with that specific inquiry or for that specific newsletter.
How we use and share the data
We collect and receive data for the following purposes:
- Provide services and enforce any applicable terms of service: we use the data collected and received through our website to provide you with the services you use or request, and as needed in order to enter into or perform terms of service.
- Provide additional information: this may include updates, new website features and invitations to events. You will have the possibility to unsubscribe any time you receive this type of update from us.
- Improve our services: we also use the data to provide content you are likely to find relevant. Data collected will allow us to adjust and improve our website to your wishes and needs and to be able to prepare anonymised statistics about the use of our websites.
- Provide effective advertising: you may receive advertising on third-party websites and apps. We use the data we collect and receive to advertise and make the advertising we provide more effective.
Access your data
Please be noted that ALIGN does not store personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or that is required by law. We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our website, improve our services or comply with legal obligations.
Commitment to security
We took technical and organisational measures to make sure your data is protected against loss or unlawful processing. For example, everyone who has access to your data, is contractually bound to the secrecy thereof. Also we, or our data processor(s), use servers that have been placed in a controlled, secure environment, protected against unauthorised access.
Should you still have any questions, feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org